Yellowfin uses filters to return just the data you need for a report and when you have multiple datasets you can link those filters together and in our example with an offset date to filter them differently.
This means within a report you can filter your dataset x days, months or years from the first filter – normally to filter differently on sub-queries.
- Once you’ve setup your first filter, drag in the second field you want to offset into the filters section:
- Hover over it, click the dropdown and go to ‘Advanced Settings.’
- Click the dropdown and choose link to filter.
- Click ‘Define Value’ and choose the Operator you want to use e.g. equal to, less than etc.
- Choose the Filter you want to link to and setup the offset.
That’s it! Another great little feature of Yellowfin.
Keep exploring! Daniel.