Last week Victoria won New Zealand IT Professional of the Year at the ITx 2016 conference here in Wellington. Geoff wrote a very to-the-point blog about Vic’s win. Vic wrote about leaving the audience with a feeling when you give a speech; she made people cry.
So, I thought I’d have a look at ITx and find out what it was all about so I could put Vic’s win into some context.
Here are 6 things you need to know about ITx:
- It’s the annual conference of the Institute of IT Professionals (IITP) which is ‘New Zealand’s leading body for those working or studying in software and information technology related fields’.
- Vinh Giang was a featured speaker this year and a favourite of the crew here at OptimalBI. He’s a magician according to his website but ‘really good’ according to us.
- The entertainment at the awards dinner was amazing, they even had an aerialist. One of those people who swing themselves around on a rope.
- It was sponsored by NZRISE which is all about promoting the New Zealand tech sector.
- It was actually 12 tech conferences in one.
- IITP have plenty of other events if you missed out on ITx.
So, now you know all you need to about ITx for next year.
Well done, Vic. We are all proud of you.
Jack blogs about community, social media and how all this data stuff impacts the rest of us
You can read all of Jack’s blogs here
Don’t forget, we can train your team in the art of agile business intelligence at any time!