A big thank you to David Bolton for coming to OptimalBI and presenting to us about what Open Data can do. He gave an outstanding talk on how he has used Qlik to uncover insights in publicly available data sets.
Here are five things I took from this talk:
- Using analytics gives David questions, not answers and this is very cool.
- The breadth of data is more important than the volume. This is because data sets need to be compared.
- Data comparison gives data context. You need to compare yourself to someone else or your data doesn’t give you meaning.
- Comparing data will lead to data matching and this is inevitable.
- Open Data is the starting point for all exploration and the discovery of new insight.
You can also get some Qlik time with us at our Qlik Hands On Sessions.
Success is preparation meets opportunity – Jack
Jack blogs about community, social media and how all this data stuff impacts the rest of us.
You can read all of Jack’s blogs here.
Don’t forget, we can train your team in the art of agile business intelligence at any time!